Jacican can host your small private dinner, family get together or work function. I can also tailor make a private class, meal or corporate training event to you or your organizations needs.
Adult cooking classes will take your cooking to the next level. Whether it’s the secret of the perfect macaron, cream torte or even handmade lollies I can be your guide. I’ll even teach your littlies during my school holiday Kids in the Kitchen classes.
Kids in the Kitchen cooking classes are now open for bookings! Which means your youngsters are about to take over the Jacican Food Studio and go into a cooking frenzy.
One of the most popular classes in the Kids in the Kitchen calander is Lollies. Kids and lollies just go together don't they? On the day, mums, dads and grandparents will drop off their children, who will learn how to make and then take home their own fruit pastilles, toffee apples and chocolate bark, as well as the recipe I'll share with you now for authentic musk sticks.
- 640 grams of sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of glucose
- 1 teaspoon of gelatine
- 75 grams of water
- 1 ml of real musk essence* (a little of the real stuff goes a long way)
- Food coloring (you can use any color you like, but pink is the most authentic for a traditional musk stick)
- Combine the glucose, water and gelatin in a saucepan and heat until the gelatin is melted. Make sure to stir occasionally to prevent clumping and burning.
- Sift the icing sugar into the bowl of your mix master.
- Slowly add the glucose and water solution in 3 installments, allowing each portion of the solution to be completely mixed in before adding the next.
- Add the musk essence and food coloring and continue beating until the coloration is even throughout the mixture.